Apricot Chicken with Farm Fresh Salad
Preparation Time: 45 minutes Servings: 4-6
Ingredients for Apricot Sauce and Chicken:
- 6 Apricots, diced and mashed
- 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 4 dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp honey (I used Sunshine Honey Co)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Go to seasoning for chicken (I used a roasted garlic & chicken seasoning)
- 1-2 lbs chicken breast tenders (2lbs for 6 people)
- 1 package of bacon, prepared then diced
Ingredients for Salad:
- Brussel Sprouts, 15-20 large or 20-30 small
- Spinach Leaves, 1 large bushel or 2 small
- Shallot, 1 large or 2 small (okay to substitute red onion)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 5-6 radishes, shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Juice from 2-3 lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil (I used Infused Gourmet Co
- 3 tbsps honey (I used Sunshine Honey Co)
Sauce & Chicken Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix apricots, tomato sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, honey, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, garlic and onion powder, paprika, and a bit of salt and pepper in the bottom of a deep pan.
- Place chicken on top, flipping over to give it a coating of the sauce, then add salt, pepper, and seasoning to taste. Sprinkle your bacon across the top then drizzle everything with a bit more honey.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Chop up leafy portion (I don\’t include the centers) of brussel sprouts into small pieces and spinach into medium pieces (about 3 pieces for medium size leaves).
- Add your shallots and shredded carrots, radishes, and cheese to the bowl then mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, olive oil, and salt, pepper, and seasoning to taste.
- Pour the juice mixture over your salad and mix well
Place salad on the plate then top with 2-3 of your baked chicken tenders. Finish off by drizzling the remaining sauce from the pan on top and adding a bit more shredded Parmesan cheese.