SnoCo Gal’s Famous Banana Honey Snickerdoodles
Preparation Time: 20-30 minutes, depending on whether dough requires refrigerator (the hotter it is,
the more likely you will need to cool it to keep it from being too sticky to roll.
Servings: 30 Medium or 20 Large Cookies
- 1 Cup (2 Sticks) Salted Butter
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1 Tbsp Honey (I used Wildflower Honey from Sunshine Honey Co, Snohmish)
- 2 Small to Medium Bananas
- 4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 3/4 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar & 2 Tbsp Cinnamon for Rolling
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In large bowl mix softened butter, sugar, and brown sugar together until creamy, then mix in your egg, vanilla, and honey.
- Mash bananas and add to your mixture, along with the baking powder and cinnamon. Mix until bananas evenly spread throughout dough.
- Add flour slowly, mixing at higher speed (dough can be a bit much for smaller mixers to handle, you may want to use a combination of a mixer and hand stirring).
- Place dough in refrigerator and prepare your sugar and cinnamon blend on a plate, foil, or parchment paper etc, as well as your baking sheets. I use butter spray.
- Clean up your prep area and take out your dough. Now roll it into fairly small size balls (bit bigger than your kids small bouncy balls, cookies will rise when cooking). Once you have your ball, roll it around in your sugar and cinnamon mixture, then place on the baking sheet. Depending on your baking sheet size, you will be able to fit about 8 – 12 cookies.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Cookies should still be soft and easy to shift if touched. Leave on the pan for a few minutes for cookies to harden a bit, then move to a cooling rack until ready to eat.
Let us know what you think! Share your comments and experiences below and don’t forget to spread the love on social media at the bottom of the page.