Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies
Servings: 12-14 Cupcake Size Bites
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Ingredients for Brownies:
2 Cups Flour
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tbsp Ginger
2 Tsp Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp Ground Cloves
2/3 Cup Maple Syrup
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
1/4 Cup Molasses
1/2 Cup Honey*
2 Tsp Vanilla
Ingredients for Frosting & Filling:
8 Oz Caramel or Salted Caramel*
8 Oz Cream Cheese
4 Cups Powdered Sugar
1/2 Cup Softened Butter
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Add ingredients for bites in order listed, mixing dry ingredients well before adding wet ingredients. If dough is crumbly, add more maple syrup and honey in even amounts until smoother.
3. Place a balls of dough into a cupcake tin, pushing the dough up around the sides with your fingers, making a bowl that goes all the way up the sides.
4. Bake for 10 minutes. Start checking at 8, top edge should be browned and middle still squishy. Bites will rise substantially.
5. Remove from oven and, once cool, use your thumb, push down in the middle, creating a space for caramel. Heat caramel in microwave for about 15-20 seconds then pour into middle of bites up to top.
6. Mix ingredients for frosting, using only 2 tbsp of caramel (add about 2 squeezes of honey if you enjoy the flavor. Keep refrigerated.
7. Spread frosting on bites or use large star tip with frosting bag then drizzle with caramel. Refrigerate until ready to enjoy.
Honey* – I used my go to honey, Wildflower from Sunshine Honey Co of Snohomish
Caramel* – I used a jar of amazing homemade salted caramel made by Pacific Northwest Cupcakes of Snohomish