Apricot Chicken with Farm Fresh Salad
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- Preheat griddle or oven to 325-350.
In a large bowl mix together your dry ingredients.
- Add in all wet ingredients, buttermilk first, and mix until smooth.
- Add blueberries and lemon juice last.
Test your batter, it should drip out of a measuring cup easily, but not pour out, and if you are brave enough to give it a taste, the flavor should remind you a bit of cake batter.
- Use vegetable oil or butter spray to prepare your griddle or pan then start pouring, I use about a 1/3 measuring cup.
- Watch for the edge to appear cooked, flip, and cook for and another few minutes and you’ve got pancakes.
Monthly and annual subscriptions can be bought HERE. Finally, a limited number of printed copies are available at The Chic Boatique, Artisans Mercantile, and Tried & True Boutique in Snohomish and Reclaimed Heart in Arlington, Vintage Company No. 7 in Bothell, Ladders Clothing & Company in Stanwood Island, Rustic Redemption in Granite Falls, and Vintage & Rust in Monroe each month.